We are grilling asparagus for lunch today so we thought we would give you some fun facts about asparagus!
1. It takes 3 years after planting for asparagus to begin full production!
2. During the peak season it will grow about 6 inches per day!
3. Asparagus contains no fat or cholesterol making it very healthy!
4. It’s a great source of antioxidants!
5. Once established, an asparagus patch can last 25+ years!
6. It tastes best freshly picked because the sugar will convert to starch the longer it sits!
So come on out today and get some—we have plenty! Have a great day! ?